Al, you must be channeling the ghost of our September 2009 overnight ride to Saratoga because your suggestion is exactly the route we took, except we did not tour the prison.
We rendezvoused at Johnson's Corner, as it was called then.
Those on the ride included Bob and Denise Wendl, Norm Wright (never pass up a chance to fill your gas tank), Dave Warfield, Terry Ellstrom (always carry a siphon tube), Chuck Ferrari (who rode his big BMW touring bike in shorts and a baseball cap and took photographs with one hand while riding), Chuck's son-in-law TK (Todd Kennedy) on his bumble-bee, black-and-yellow BMW R1150 GS, and me.
Others may have gone also, but I can't right now recall who else. That was 17 years ago . . . English Steve?
We did have dinner at the famous Wolf Hotel. People come from far and away to dine at the Hotel.
I think we stayed at several different motels, but I cannot remember the names.
Warfield and I wore our Black Watch kilts, which bemused an inebriated cowboy and woman outside a saloon down the street from the Hotel. That I remember!
Dan
On 08/27/2026 7:57 PM MDT Albert Miller <amiller1104@gmail.com> wrote:The last time I went through Saratoga, I had dinner at the Wolf Hotel and stayed at the Sage Motel. The Sage was being renovated at the time. That was 3 years ago.The ride from Saratoga through to Centennial Wyoming is amazing.If I could suggest a route, meet in Dacono or at Bucee's, ride to Laramie on 287, have lunch in Laramie, tour the prision, ride through Centential WY to Saratoga.Al
On Tuesday, August 25, 2026 at 8:47:31 PM UTC-6 danpilcher wrote:Sept. 26-27, lodging TBD and Saturday night dinner TBD.There are some marvelous roads to ride to Saratoga.DanOn 08/25/2026 8:12 PM MDT Jim Baker <bea...@pobox.com> wrote:I'm in for Saratoga. What are the booking details?
On Tue, Aug 25, 2026 at 7:59 PM Tavis Aitken <tav...@gmail.com> wrote:Unfortunately I have a work trip I need to go on, so won't be able to join you all.
On Tue, Aug 25, 2026 at 7:49 PM Albert Miller <amill...@gmail.com> wrote:I am in for Saratoga.Al Miller
On Sunday, August 9, 2026 at 11:48:36 AM UTC-6 steve sfr...@yahoo.com wrote:Good morningPack your saddle bags everyone,the RMRAT Fall Overnighter for this year will be heading to Saratoga,Wyoming on September 26th-27th.Will post additional information by the end of next week.Thoughts and prayers to Norm and Doc who are both battling health issuesE-SteveSent from my Galaxy--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "RMRAT" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to rmrat+un...@googlegroups.com.
To view this discussion visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/rmrat/41c2dadc-2aa9-4130-87c9-07db1c43c60an%40googlegroups.com.
--
-= Tavis =---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "RMRAT" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to rmrat+un...@googlegroups.com.
To view this discussion visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/rmrat/CAM7G3a9Y6EK4RwQA6gW7EQaRBAkFiosQZo8%3Dy7Je5ZEqREujDg%40mail.gmail.com.--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "RMRAT" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to rmrat+un...@googlegroups.com.To view this discussion visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/rmrat/CAJ-TTdd%2BD9cZ9dGZRyMagpktn3hswRLAbWUEpafTU5tP80XfZQ%40mail.gmail.com.--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "RMRAT" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to rmrat+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
To view this discussion visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/rmrat/747b226e-4ad4-4f6a-9de2-ce08a287ad3an%40googlegroups.com.
0 comments:
Post a Comment