Thursday 10 January 2019

Re: [emrat:11179] And here is your laugh for the day

Seeing that l have loads of free time now,maybe l should consider starting a Saab rehab group.

By the way,back in the 1990's,there was a small independant Saab repair shop in town  that used the slogan "Your Saab is your Friend".Except mine was a big time pain in the ass!


                      E-Steve



Sent from my T-Mobile 4G LTE Device

-------- Original message --------
From: Norman Wright <lowrtax@gmail.com>
Date: 1/10/19 8:08 AM (GMT-07:00)
To: Tim Green <emrat@googlegroups.com>
Subject: Re: [emrat:11178] And here is your laugh for the day

I too once owned a Saab and while I loved the turbo power coupled with great mileage I constantly had problems particularly with the electronics.  A dealer's service rep once said to me with a smirk "We call those Saab stories."

Glad that y ou spread the Triumph love to those 4 wheelers.  

On Tue, Jan 8, 2019, 9:50 PM Jim Kerick <jim.kerick@gmail.com wrote:
When this month's meeting was rescheduled I didn't note the date on my calendar. So I drive to Interstate, park down the street and walk up seeing people in the back room and head on it.

I was looking at the screen set up and noticed there were a lot of new people. I sat with two guys and introduced myself. One asked, "What model do you have?" 

"A Trophy."
"Saab made a Trophy?"
"Saab? Isn't this the Triumph meeting?"

It was the Rocky Mountain Saab meeting. Yup, this is a Saab story.

I stayed, saw their presentations about what brought about GM killing Saab, airbags and seatbelt safety stuff. They were very friendly. When introducing new members I got introduced and explained why I was there. It brought a laugh. I got to talk to some about motorcycles.

If you have or like Saabs it is a good group. They are rebuilding a car that was owned by a member who passed, and will sell it offering it to club members first for a price based on the cost of parts they put into it.

They meet the second Tuesday of each month.

So the question remains, what did I miss from this month's meeting?

-Jim

--
Jim Kerick
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Don't Panic
DoD # 3.2616, KoFBP
'13 Triumph Trophy

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "EMRAT" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to emrat+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
To post to this group, send email to emrat@googlegroups.com.
Visit this group at https://groups.google.com/group/emrat.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "EMRAT" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to emrat+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
To post to this group, send email to emrat@googlegroups.com.
Visit this group at https://groups.google.com/group/emrat.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

0 comments:

Post a Comment