Sunday 17 March 2024

[emrat:14448] All the bad news at once:

As many of you may now know, Dan Pilcher lost Maddie on Saturday from her battle with cancer:

I just talked to Doc Murdoch.  He had a stroke on March 8th.  Someone was looking out for him as many of you know he lives by himself.  He had a service tech there for an upgrade to his internet and wifi and When the Tech went to ask Doc a question, he was "asleep" on his couch.  The Tech couldn't wake him and called 911.  Denver FD EMT's transported him to Denver Health and they diagnosed the stroke.  It was a relatively minor one and he is now in a residency rehab facility until next Friday or so.  It's affected his right side and his vision but the prognosis sounds good. 

Lastly, and very minor in comparison, I was headed to Erico two weeks ago for service when I was rear ended on my Bonnie 2 blocks from Erico.  Very minor injury on my lag but it did $3500 damage to the bike which will be repaired by Erico courtesy of the driver's insurance.  It happened when the car driver in front of me stopped to allow a parallel parker to pull out, I was slowing to about 2MPH when the jeepp behind me did not stop in time and knocked me over on the right side of the bike.

Let's hope spring is around the corner and everyone is back to a better place!

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "RMRAT" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to rmrat+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/rmrat/CAF3_19-v11hXhFBAReGpOO_O7q0EgmU6Yt_Q2yUUm4oujNDOow%40mail.gmail.com.

0 comments:

Post a Comment