Thursday 17 September 2015

Re: [emrat:7809] Thank you for Triumphs in Taos

+1 thanks for a good time from another Taos newbie - good people, great riding and neat place to stay!

I posted some group-photo pics @ https://flic.kr/s/aHskjXtR6S -- If anyone want the fullsize, let me know which one and I can email direct (they're big)


On Sep 14, 2015, at 5:34 PM, 'Manuel' via EMRAT <emrat@googlegroups.com> wrote:

I would like to also thank Bob, Sean and Sara for organizing this event. It was a great turnout for the 6th annual!  Also, thanks to everyone who joined me for the ride down!  What a great group we had on the way down! 

Saturday Erica and I joined the group going to Madrid (Wild Hogs!) and it was definitely something to see.  Had a great lunch, even though the service was a bit questionable. 

Sunday, Erica and I play tourists, took the Mustang convertible to visit a few wineries in the area.  We had a really great day, and we were blown away by the wine!  We expected that a winery in New Mexico was just a way to get some of that tourist money, but that wasn't the case at all.  It was among the best we've had from anywhere and everyone was so hospitable. 

Monday: Thanks Kurt for accompanying me on a 350+ mile journey back on some very nice roads!  Also, thanks to Steve Smith for showing me these roads in the first place.  We missed you and Annette this year. 


From: bobvforward3 <bobvforward3@gmail.com>
To: EMRAT <emrat@googlegroups.com>
Sent: Monday, September 14, 2015 2:18 PM
Subject: [emrat:7787] Thank you for Triumphs in Taos

Thank you Bob, Sean and everybody else for putting this together.  It was a lot of firsts for me, first EMRAT get together outside of the monthly meetings, first group ride, first bee stings while riding, and a lot of first times on great roads getting there, while there, and getting back from there.

I had a great time and look forward to joining EMRATS on another getaway.

Manny, thank you for putting up with this newb on his first group ride.  Definitely more to think about in a group vs. solo.  Somebody had mentioned this would be a good topic for the monthly meetings, I agree.  Then I can learn everything I did wrong.

Thanks again to Sean for the High Road suggestion, it was the route I rode Saturday.  I somehow turned a 120 miles into a four and a half hour ride stopping to see the old missions, having some great Mexican food along the way, even met some fellow Coloradan Bimwads (sp?) at lunch.

Saturday night was great, great collection of Swag, I love my new performance hoodie from TofUsa!

Sunday I meandered around northern NM and southern CO (Angel Fire, Raton, Cuchara, Westcliffe) and somehow turned it into a 450 mile ride home.  Even ran into Thomas in Westcliffe fueling up for an unexpected treat.

Best part was getting to know everybody a little better and sharing our experiences connected to bikes.

Thank you.

Black Sprint Bob

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "EMRAT" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to emrat+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
To post to this group, send email to emrat@googlegroups.com.
Visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/emrat.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.


--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "EMRAT" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to emrat+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
To post to this group, send email to emrat@googlegroups.com.
Visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/emrat.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

0 comments:

Post a Comment