Thursday 10 December 2015

[emrat:8143] Re: Jan. CycleWorld Article

I got a few subscriptions with expiring air miles a few months ago, CW and I can't even remember the other.

With having my Sprint only a year, it has been shocking to me what little differentiation there is in the MC world with seemingly every naked bike looking like they all had the exact same design team.  I breeze through those reviews with maybe a little added attention to the Triumph Triple or Bonnie stories.

That all said, Peter's ride through Wisconsin is one of the very few articles I read all the way through and truly enjoyed.  Having grown up in and cutting my MC teeth in MN, it brought me back to the days I would get home from work Friday afternoon, strap a sleeping bag to the back of my bike and head north through the lake country.  Sometimes I would stay at a small Inn, other times I would "camp" out wherever I landed.  I fondly remember waking up to the sounds of waves lapping up against the shores of Lake Superior more than once.

I think what makes the story such a great read is almost all of us can relate, enjoy the narrative and wish we were on that short trip.


On Wednesday, December 9, 2015 at 8:15:54 AM UTC-7, Norman Wright wrote:
If you are an enthusiast of MC mags and their authors, you may agree with me that Peter Egan is at the top of the food chain. 

Just read my January CycleWorld and an article by Mr. Egan and it's a not to be missed story about a ride last summer where he was accompanied by a CW editor on a 350 loop in SW Wisconsin while comparing two of Peter's personal bikes, a 1974 Norton Commando and a 1976 BMW R90S that he had recently acquired from a Coloradan.

The article is a travelogue, a bike review and a great tutorial in craft beers.  It's not to be missed by anyone who enjoys the give and take of those who love  British and German bikes (with a beer chaser). 

If you don't get CW, stop at a library or book store for 15-20 of the best minutes you'll spend this week.

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "EMRAT" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to emrat+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
To post to this group, send email to emrat@googlegroups.com.
Visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/emrat.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

0 comments:

Post a Comment