Sunday 4 August 2019

[emrat:11584] Ride Like A Pro class

The class started on time and the weather was hot. 

Felix did a good job of explaining and demonstrating the exercises. 

The exercises started with us racing. A slow race just using the clutch friction zone, rear brake, and holding steady throttle. Tim's BMW did excellent at the slow speed compared to my Trophy.

Exercise Two was a weave with cones about 12 feet apart. The twelve feet is half the size of the course turn radius. The course is based on 24 feet, the width of two lanes.
 For myself, I have always struggled with the weave, and this started me on getting comfortable. Getting my knees in tight to the tank, and using the controls, and most importantly trusting the bike and my skills. Also getting the handle bars to go full lock.

Exercise Three was a weave into circle where you would go about 400 degrees and exit. Easy! With a circle about 18' in diameter it was enough to get into my head. This exercise was about swerving one direction to bring the bike back to the other direction. Head and eyes up, and keep looking around the corner.

To mix it up, we got to do it in the other direction. So it keep me being uncomfortable.

Exercise Four was a wide weave. The left cones were at the end of one line of parking spots, the right was on the other side, so 24 feet apart. The real challenge was the left parking spots end into a cirb and trees. This was easy to get into a riders head. Easy to Target fixate.

Later he changed the exercise making each cone into a gate and strangely I found this easier than without a gate.

Last exercise was doing a Uturn in a space three wide and one deep. This put together the weave and circle, you move the bike left then right, and turn your head and do the left hand Uturn. And of course we did it to the right.

Interesting fact Felix said that I never picked upon. Going to the right, has the throttle increase as you push the handle bar to the right. I tried to compensate by pushing on the left bar. Note I said tried.

It was challenging. It  showed me I have much more to learn and need to practice.

Side note. I wore my Aerostict suit for all but the last exercise. It was not a smart move. Doing slow speeds with little air moving as the temp climbed. I was overheating despite drinking water and Gatorade. 

Jim, E Steve and I had lunch at Rock Bottom. We downed much water and sucked up the A/C.

After a cool shower, more water and rest I feel much better. Though I believe my Stich and helmet need a bath now.

Thanks to Bullet Bob for setting this up.

Jim

sent from telegraph

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "EMRAT" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to emrat+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/emrat/CAFmOmr61A6DUTvtyCfgTd7MruLO5LZ3ZoA1%3DZhv6_gpePzWs_A%40mail.gmail.com.

0 comments:

Post a Comment