Monday 29 November 2021

[emrat:13175] Front receiver mounted MC carrier?

Curious to know if anybody here has ever used a 2" receiver on the front of a truck or SUV to carry a motorcycle?  I'm exploring ways to bring the new-to-me-DR200 on camping trips.  The bed of the truck is not available as it's covered with a cap, and is full of camping gear.  Back of the trailer is not an option either due to the light weight nature of the trailer.  That means the only real option is a receiver-mounted carrier on the front of the truck.  They do sell front receivers for my tow vehicle (2018 F-150) and of course there are a lot of receiver-mount motorcycle carriers.  I'm just wondering if anybody here has done it?

And FWIW, if I went with this I would, of course, restrict my travel to daytime only, since the bike would likely block the headlights.  

Also, can anyone recommend a good receiver-mounted motorcycle carrier?  Prices are all over the place.  Or if anybody has one sitting in their garage that they might want to sell I'd be interested.  

Thanks!

Martin

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "RMRAT" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to rmrat+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/rmrat/CABgUJvJCQ_LfijcjN0q1vY070_0DRQj%2B30QQ89URxiKAk8UJag%40mail.gmail.com.

0 comments:

Post a Comment