Friday 2 February 2024

[emrat:14401] barn find

My buddy, Charles, called me yesterday morning to ask if I was interested in "an old Triumph motorcycle". He didn't have to ask twice.

A friend of his knows an older woman who is moving out of her house and wants to get rid of everything, including the Triumph that had been owned by her late son.

Fortunately, it has been parked in a garage/shed/barn for the past thirty years. That's probably why the motor isn't seized with rust. No title and no keys. It's missing a few parts, but with perseverance, I'll be able to find replacements.

It's a 750, a T140E. I can say that it was built sometime after 1974 because the shift lever is on the left side. It also has disk brakes. Two things very much in its favor for me.

The first order of business is that of getting the motor running. If that proves to be satisfactory, I'll begin the process of getting a title. Colorado makes that somewhat easier for vehicles at least 25 years old.

The tank was repainted an unflattering shade of white. I expect to find bondo under the paint.

This will be a lengthy project.

Bob



--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "RMRAT" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to rmrat+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/rmrat/CAHb37jdbG5FyDe%2BBAwhiw%3DAG9kfPUpEFS2pT7MEd60D6yYtbvA%40mail.gmail.com.

0 comments:

Post a Comment