Monday 3 June 2019

Re: [emrat:11427] Three Flags Classic - planning and budgeting?

Martin,

There are several factors in the equation that can change from year to year. Do you have a riding partner to share motel expenses, the start and end points, gas prices (which vary significantly from state to state not to mention Canada), and the time you have to get there and back. 

On the 4 events I have ridden in, I have budgeted for $2k and 16 days and I always seem to have a few dollars left over. Of course I tend to treat it as a vacation so I am less concerned about watching my pennies at mealtime. I like nice motels and enjoy decent quality libations as well. If a person is more frugal I think one could reduce that by 25-30%. As they say in the forums , YMMV. 

As a side note, I am planning on going on the 2020 3FC. It should be a 5 day event instead of 4, as they add in an extra day every 5 years. Several other people have expressed interest in going on that one too so you might be able to find a room sharing companion if you wish to control your costs. 

On Mon, Jun 3, 2019 at 17:09 Martin Richard <martinarmy1961@gmail.com> wrote:
Hey, I want to throw some questions out there at the Three Flags Classic (TFC) veterans out there, since I know we have several in the group.  

How do you calculate your budget for that?  This has been a dream ride of mine for years and I just want to see if I can figure out a potential cost.  

Depending on where the ride starts and ends, I'd likely have to figure on a minimum of 3 riding days to the start and 3 riding days from the finish to get home.  

The ride itself starts on the Friday of Labor Day weekend, right?  And ends on Labor day, Monday, with the banquet Tuesday night?  So assuming that one has to check in on Thursday night and won't check out until Wednesday morning, that's 7 nights lodging for just the ride itself, yes?  

For those of you that don't mind sharing, do you recall what your expenses were?  Seems to me lodging is by far the biggest expense, followed by food and then fuel.  

Thanks for any info! 

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "EMRAT" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to emrat+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/emrat/CABgUJv%2BSsHb1ESVuzjQnTxet-OxksHvEBHAoR21U5K-b%3DGPVDw%40mail.gmail.com.
--
Steve

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "EMRAT" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to emrat+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/emrat/CALG-%3D_VwnszaT8HanPvm_yV569A5Mj0-OWsOQ_bqh_BX-7NT8w%40mail.gmail.com.

0 comments:

Post a Comment