Tuesday 20 June 2023

Re: [emrat:14093] Suspension Update

Jake,

Good the hear about your suspension upgrade.

I had the same experience with Traxxion and my Tiger. The suspension upgrade is worth the money!

Bob Wendl


------ Original Message ------
From "Jake Lehner" <jakelehner@gmail.com>
Date 6/19/2023 8:07:14 PM
Subject [emrat:14091] Suspension Update

I'm sure there's a dad joke in there about being held in suspense. 

For anyone curious how the Tiger situation turned out. After visiting and chatting with the guys at Colorado Moto Service and Dan at Traxxion, I decided to just ship the forks to traxxion rather than have the kit installed locally. 

CoMoto was going to be a little higher on labor, and the XC suspension added some extra complexity given they are completely unadjustable stock. Traxxion had custom caps they installed to provide compression and rebound, but still no preload. Seemed best to just let them handle it. 

Shipped out and back in just under a month. 

As for performance, queue the stock line after any worthwhile suspension upgrade. "It's a completely different bike." Between the TTX rear (installed a couple years back) and the Traxxion front, it's planted to the ground. I have to watch my speed due to how smooth the bike feels over 90. Even in the rain. 

I was satisfied enough with the hardware and service my Traxxion, I ordered a YSS rear shock for my thunderbird from them a couple weeks ago. Should be here Thursday. 

Definitely drop dan@traxxiondynamics a line if you are considering an upgrade. The YSS shock was just under $400. And they have valve kits for the front I'll likely do next as a budget option. 


--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "RMRAT" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to rmrat+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/rmrat/CAAG824Q3PMCnEr4VQ96BOdDvUF%2B%2BJ%3D450si2W%3DujcV%2Bw3O5GFA%40mail.gmail.com.

0 comments:

Post a Comment