Tuesday 12 April 2016

Re: [emrat:8541] Delboy's Garage (YouTube site for Triumph Maintenance)

Martin, are they Triumph-specific?


Sent from Yahoo Mail for iPhone

On Tuesday, April 12, 2016, 3:13 PM, 'Martin Albright' via EMRAT <emrat@googlegroups.com> wrote:

Hey, I'm posting this after Dan Pilcher's suggestion to me on Sunday. 

My Bonnie needs a rear tire and my normal course would have been to just ride it over to a bike shop and pay them around $60 or so to change the tire for me.  But lately my desire to tinker has combined with my inner cheapskate and started asking "why should I pay someone else to do the relatively simple task of removing a rear wheel from a Bonneville?" 

So, I turned to YouTube, the modern-day Oracle of All Knowledge and I stumbled across several videos from someplace called Delboy's Garage.  He has some great, easy to follow videos on things like removing front and rear wheels and adjusting chains (those are the only two I've watched, I'm sure there are more.) 

Here are a couple of links but you can probably search and find more:

Front and rear wheel removal:





Here is one on chain adjustment (it's for a Scrambler but probably applicable to any chain-driven Triumph):




I don't know about others, but for me, watching someone else do the task gives me more confidence that I can do it. 

Martin


--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "EMRAT" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to emrat+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
To post to this group, send email to emrat@googlegroups.com.
Visit this group at https://groups.google.com/group/emrat.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

0 comments:

Post a Comment