Tuesday 14 March 2017

[emrat:9542] 5th Annual Chuck Ferrari Memorial Ride, Saturday 3/18/17...

 For those not at the RAT meeting, a reminder that the 5th annual Chuck Ferrari Memorial ride is this coming Saturday, 3/18/2017. 

Starting point will be Sedalia, CO (at the corner of US Highway 85 a/k/a Santa Fe Drive and CO 67.)  I will be in the parking lot of what I think this is now called the Buckskin's Saloon, formerly the Sedalia Grille (if you're old like me you call it "the old, original Johnson's Corner.")   

As in the previous years, I will be collecting donations for the Colorado Humane Society, which was one of Chuck's favorite organizations.  Donations can be cash or check.  After the ride I will donate the proceeds to the Humane Society in Chuck's memory. 

In contrast to last year, the weather forecast couldn't be better:  79 and Sunny in the Denver area, so it looks like a perfect day to ride.  We'll ride through the Black Forest and back to Palmer Lake.  If there's any interest we'll stop at the old Titan Missile silo outside of Elizabeth.   Total distance from Sedalia to Palmer Lake should be less than 80 miles. 

I plan on being at the parking lot no later than 9:00 AM. 

I'd like to go kickstands up by 9:30, so please be fueled and ready to go by then.  There are at least two gas stations in Sedalia.  we should be in Palmer Lake by 1:00 or 1:30 and at that point, we can go to lunch at one of the establishments in Palmer Lake or head out for more riding. 

I'll be on my yellow BMW R1150R. 

See you then! 

Martin

0 comments:

Post a Comment