Monday 26 April 2021

Re: [emrat:12745] Chuck Ferrari Ride

Martin,

Thank you for continuing to remember Chuck with this annual ride.  I shared your email with Linda (Chuck's wife) and she was incredibly touched that this ride is a way to raise money for one of his favorite charities.  Thank you to all who joined the ride and contributed so generously to the Humane Society.  Hopefully, there were a few stories shared about Chuck during the ride.  I know the EMRATs loved it when he first joined the group and when asked why he didn't wear much protective gear stated "flying missions in Vietnam at the speed of sound while being shot at by the Vietcong made me a little less worried about protective gear".   Many of you may recall that ultimately he did end up wearing more protection thanks to influence from Dan Pilcher and others.  
Sorry I missed the ride this year - These days I am basically a "sports taxi" for my kids (Chuck's grandchildren) running them all over the metro area for hockey, lacrosse and volleyball!  

Ride safely everyone!

TK

Managing Partner of Raising Two Kids LLC

On Apr 25, 2021, at 4:45 PM, Martin Richard <martinarmy1961@gmail.com> wrote:


Rats:  Just wanted to say thanks again for everyone who came out to the 8th annual Chuck Ferrari Memorial Ride.  We had a great turnout with 21 bikes starting in Morrison! 

First off, I want to apologize for not keeping the group together, it's always difficult with a group this large, in hindsight what we should have done was split into two smaller groups before departing Morrison. I've also been told that my riding today was a bit, ahem, "spirited" and for that I'd blame having a new-to-me sportbike, the Honda 919.   I know some of you were way back in the pack and maybe wondering where I was so again, I apologize and will try to do better next time.  

We raised a total of $400 for the Humane Society of the South Platte and I know they will be very appreciative of the donation.  I will probably not be able to get it to them until next week but I will let you all know when I do.  

It was a gorgeous day for a ride and hope everyone had a great time!  

Martin

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "RMRAT" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to rmrat+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/rmrat/CABgUJvKdbF8xMd0r4yHxTdUbJDVyY6Do33-z%2BV4wugnE_3JVbg%40mail.gmail.com.

0 comments:

Post a Comment