Sunday 16 May 2021

Re: [emrat:12777] Seeking feedback on dealers

This might be a tough year if you're looking for new bikes. All motor vehicles are in short supply from what I gather. The local bike shops and car lots are very low on inventory. If you can even find a bike you want there's no incentive for the dealer to bargain. We were thinking about an SxS but we can't find one. Not sure if it's the same on the front range but I have no reason to think otherwise. 

Good luck. 

On Sun, May 16, 2021 at 11:41 'sfr4201' via RMRAT <rmrat@googlegroups.com> wrote:
Jim

Have you looked into the Tiger 850 Sport?

Price is reasonable,my only question is the suspension,or more like lack thereof in regards to adjustments!lf you are going the ADV route, Honda Africa Twin is worth a look.lnterstate Honda in Fort Collins might be worth a visit.Do not waste your time looking for a Yamaha 700 Tenere,2-3 month waiting list and Vickery has sold out of them for '21,good luck on the bike search Jim!



                       E-Steve
                  



Sent from my T-Mobile 4G LTE Device

-------- Original message --------
From: Norman Wright <lowrtax@gmail.com>
Date: 5/16/21 10:41 AM (GMT-07:00)
Subject: Re: [emrat:12775] Seeking feedback on dealers

I bought a 2017 Ram in  2018 that came off a 2 year lease for $22,000 (had 15000 miles).  It was an SLT 4 door with the Hemi, trailer tow side rails, bed liner.  I bought it from Lake Forest Dodge in Lake Forest, MN (30 miles N or St Paul).  I traded in my Frontier and they gave me more than Larry Miller offered by 25%.  It was worth the trip which wasn't a big deal since my son lives there too.  It is a large suburban dealer with low overhead and a great sales team.  Highly recommend it.  Buying trucks in CO is a hard deal.  I needed a full size truck to pull my Toy Hauler, otherwise I'd still have the Frontier.

As for the bike, look at a Bonnie T-120 unless you need the off road.  If you need off-road, then the BMW GS is the ticket if you aren't in to the Tiger 900s.



On Sun, May 16, 2021 at 10:23 AM Jim Kerick <jim.kerick@gmail.com> wrote:
Hey Everyone,

I am getting the urge to trade in my Trophy and get a new bike. I really want a Ducati Multistrada. Or a Supersport, or maybe something else. 

Why? Well I have had my Trophy for 7 years, and just want a change. I had an '06 Tiger and am just not feeling it for the current Tigers. 

I am seeking feedback on dealers including in the Springs and FoCo. I am looking for a non-weasle* like dealer. 

Let me know your opinions. Suggestions about bikes are also welcome. 

* - Weasle like dealer at Dodge place on 104th in Thorton. WIfe and I ask about new 4 door RAM pickup with standard engine. He shows us multiple used with Hemis (Hey I would love a Hemi, but don't need it, and don't want to pay for the gas). One was a fully loaded 2 year old for 55,495. Wife states clearly she is nto paying 55K for a used truck.

Ask about new Durango, he says they have none and points to two used one. Keeps saying to get the used RAM.  We find 4 new durangos on the lot. 

He asks about trade in, I mention my '18 VW Tiguan. He says never buy foreign they lose value and aren't that good.

Wife tells me, we won't deal with this guy. She just said what I was thinking. 

Larry Miller Jeep/Dodge/Ram on 104th, sales guy named Cisco is a weasel.

I want to avoid this type of sales person.

--
Jim Kerick
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Don't Panic
DoD # 3.2616, KoFBP
'13 Triumph Trophy

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "RMRAT" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to rmrat+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/rmrat/CAFmOmr460SZHPfSVgtKa-BZ7bhCiAN6e-QS8tm%3DD%3D0AfQB%3DJaw%40mail.gmail.com.

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "RMRAT" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to rmrat+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/rmrat/CAF3_19_adJUAKi8Bfk3cXbRP15Zj%2BqPLQY6xkA7X%2BRO8cfQ%2BsA%40mail.gmail.com.

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "RMRAT" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to rmrat+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/rmrat/60a15930.1c69fb81.68acb.d7a0SMTPIN_ADDED_MISSING%40gmr-mx.google.com.
--
Steve

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "RMRAT" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to rmrat+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/rmrat/CALG-%3D_UqZcAn5ikz3i4Czp__pzyE2c3%3DBbXg5tmSrNuGoSpHBA%40mail.gmail.com.

0 comments:

Post a Comment