Saturday 31 July 2021

[emrat:12922] Re: FOR SALE: Side racks for air-cooled Bonnie

I should add that the "wobble" will not happen with any other bike.  It's due to the fact that my cast front wheel is slightly off center.  If you have a stock front wheel these will work fine.  

On Sat, Jul 31, 2021 at 9:54 AM Martin Richard <martinarmy1961@gmail.com> wrote:
I'm going to offer these to the group first at the "club discount." 

I now realize I can't use the Happy-Trail side racks I got for my Bonneville.  Tried for a couple of years but not compatible with my cast front wheel (causes wobble.)  

So I'm putting them up for sale.  This is the Happy-Trail SU side rack.  Extremely sturdy and rugged steel.  Here is the link for the product:


I'm including the pucks (another $40 purchase) and for those who can pick up in person, I'll throw in the Duratool yellow side cases, already drilled to work with the rack (if I sell on the Intertubes I won't include these because IMO they're too bulky & expensive to ship.)

My cost for the side racks and pucks was around $280 total.  I'll offer them to the club for $150.  They've been on the bike twice but never actually "used" them due to the head shake so they're in excellent condition.  

These will definitely fit any Hinckley Bonneville or T100 from 2001 - 2008 (Carbureted) and I can't think of any reason why they wouldn't fit an EFI air cooled Bonneville or Bonneville SE as well.  My guess is they will NOT fit the water cooled Bonnies.  They also will not fit a Scrambler due to the location of the exhaust.  They may or may not fit on a pre-2016 Thruxton but my guess is that they will.  

Photos attached, location is my home in Littleton.  I can ship the rack if need be but if you want the cases you'll have to pick them up in person - I can probably meet a buyer almost anywhere on the Front Range.  

I'll be posting this in the FB page as well.  Contact here or by my "regular" email, martinjmpr@yahoo.com

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "RMRAT" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to rmrat+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/rmrat/CABgUJvKf5a3%3Dvz-f%3DX-wc9%3D5RO5CRHooNG%3DN-i%3D%3D%2BgbSVkZd5g%40mail.gmail.com.

0 comments:

Post a Comment