Wednesday 19 June 2013

[emrat:2488] Sturgis Plans

I've decided to depart for Sturgis on Thursday, Aug. 1st, with my friend, Brian Weberg.  We both have family/work reasons for returning to Denver on Sunday, Aug. 4th, so we will go up one day before the main EMRAT group.

 

We will go out I-76 to Fort Morgan and then north on Colorado/Nebraska 71 through Kimball to Scottsbluff NE for lunch.  We’ll continue up NE 71 to Hot Springs SD, at the south end of the Black Hills, and continue on up US 385.  This route is about 50 miles longer than the traditional Cheyenne/Torrington/Lusk/Newcastle/Lead/Deadwood route to Sturgis.

 

I call this the "Dances with Wolves" route, which I took in 2006, my second year of riding to Sturgis, because of the rolling, grassy hills that stretch to the horizon, the pronghorn antelopes, and solitude.  I recall seeing only one motorcyclist before I reached the Black Hills.  Granted, some of you would think this ride “boring,” but, then again, I grew up in north-central Kansas, so I have a deep affection for the High Plains.  J

 

Norm, if you can let me know where you camped last year at the Creekside Campground, we’ll set up camp there and then see you and the others late Thursday afternoon when you arrive.  Tim, is there a small EMRAT banner that we can take to fly over our camp?

 

So, if anyone is interested in joining us, please let me know.

 

Stay safe . .

Dan

 

Daniel E. Pilcher

Executive Vice President and Chief Operating Officer

Colorado Association of Commerce and Industry

1600 Broadway

Suite 1000

Denver CO 80202-4935

Phone: 303.866.9600

Fax: 303.860.1439

 

0 comments:

Post a Comment