Tuesday 19 November 2013

Re: [emrat:3186] Selling my Scrambler...

Wayne:  I figure I'll fit in with all the other BMW riders in the club! 

From: "weverman@comcast.net" <weverman@comcast.net>
To: emrat@googlegroups.com
Sent: Tuesday, November 19, 2013 4:16 PM
Subject: Re: [emrat:3185] Selling my Scrambler...

Martin;  hopefully you are still staying with EMRAT.  You do realize that going over to the Dark Side invites ridicule at every meeting! (at least you aren't buying a harley).  Now if only I can talk The Chief into moving up from her scooter...   Wayne E.

From: "Martin Albright" <martinjmpr@yahoo.com>
To: "EM Rat Motorsports" <emrat@googlegroups.com>
Sent: Tuesday, November 19, 2013 4:02:50 PM
Subject: [emrat:3184] Selling my Scrambler...

Well, folks, it's been a great ride for 5 years on the Scrambler and 2 1/2 on the T-bird before that, but I regret to say I am leaving the Triumph fold.  I've decided that for the kind of distance riding I want to do, I really need a shaft driven bike with cast wheels and all the long-distance farkles, so I'll be leaving "Mother England" for the "Fatherland:"  I've decided my next bike will be a BMW Roadster, either an R1100R, R1150R, R1200R, or if I can find one, the rather rare R850R, depending on what I find and how much $$ I have to spend, so if anybody knows anyone selling such a bike in the Metro area, let me know!
 
I'm putting this on the Googlegroups just in case anyone in the club is interested in the Scrambler (or has a friend or relative who is looking for a Triumph.)
 
The text below is what will go into the CL ad, but I'll throw in a "club bonus" if anyone from the EMRAT club wants to buy it.  Details about the "bonus" after the ad:   
 
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 
2008 Triumph Scrambler for sale
865cc parallel twin, with unmistakeably "classic" British style!
 
Approx 18,000 miles.  One-owner  bike, purchased new in January, 2009 and always garaged (except when on overnight rides!) 
 
2008 was the last year for the carbureted engine.  The 865cc motor has two electrically heated carbs (always starts up instantly in cold weather!) 
 
Gets between 48-55 MPG in most situations.  Plenty of power for the mountains (has been to the top of Mt. Evans.)  Range to reserve is typically 150 – 170 miles. 
 
Factory dual/sport tires were swapped for street tires years ago (Dunlop D404.)  The back tire was new in July, 2013, front tire was replaced in mid 2012.  Both have several thousand miles left on them. 
 
All stock except for the following:
 
* Added factory Center Stand ($250 value) – this essential accessory makes chain maintenance a breeze!  Also great for loading the bike for a long trip as it keeps the bike level and upright instead of tilted over. 
* Replaced stock seat with a slightly lower Bonneville seat.
* Added 1" spacers underneath handlebars to raise them up. 
* Slipstreamer spitfire windshield, keeps the wind off your chest!
* Removed air injection system (a useless bit of emissions control gear that is absolutely unnecessary.  I will include all the parts if you want to reinstall it, but trust me, you don't.  It's always the first thing people remove on these bikes.)  
 
The rest of the bike is pretty much stock.  NEVER DROPPED!  No scratches or dents.  All bodywork is intact.  Still on the original chain (with care, this chain should easily last to 25,000 miles.)  Valve adjustment in 2012 at Erico Motorsports (Triumph dealer in town.) 
 
This bike has been to Sturgis, Taos, the 4 corners, Moki Dugway in Utah, and all over the CO Rockies.  Great for solo touring, or mod it into a true "adventure touring" bike for off-road use.  The Triumph "Modern Classics" are reliable, robust and have a 'cool factor' that no other bike out there has! 
 
Winter price is $4500.  If I wait until Spring the price will go up to $5,000 minimum. 
 
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 
Now, the "club special" is this:  Right now the bike has the Metal Mule Pannier racks on it.  If someone from the club wants to buy the bike I will leave the racks on and sell it for the same price.  Otherwise, they come off and I sell them separately.  Note that there is ONE distributor for the MM racks in the US, and they sell a complete set for $800.  That does NOT include the bags, that's the price for the rack alone.  Given that NOBODY (to my knowledge) other than MM makes a full rack system for the Scrambler, I figure I can get at least $400 for it on ADV Rider.  The MM racks are a rock-solid platform that should be able to handle any kind of hard or soft side cases.  I even have some cheap side-cases I'll throw in (they're basically imported copies of Pelican cases.) 
 
If there isn't any interest from the club, the MM racks come off this weekend when I clean up the bike and I'll put the Renntec back on (which is a tail-rack only, with no provision for side cases.)   
 
Email if you have any questions!
 
Martin
 
 
 
 
--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "EMRAT" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to emrat+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
To post to this group, send email to emrat@googlegroups.com.
Visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/emrat.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/groups/opt_out.
--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "EMRAT" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to emrat+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
To post to this group, send email to emrat@googlegroups.com.
Visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/emrat.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/groups/opt_out.


0 comments:

Post a Comment