Monday 16 December 2013

Re: [emrat:3385] Re: Catching Up on the EMRAT Thread

What Dan...no Bimmers in your stable? It looks like it's going to be up to you and me to keep the numbers up in the Triumph brand by the looks of how things are going...hahaha

Bob

From: Doc
Sent: Monday, December 16, 2013 8:10 PM
To: emrat@googlegroups.com
Reply To: emrat@googlegroups.com
Cc: Vince Lane (vmlane@taxlit.com); dpilcher@cochamber.com
Subject: [emrat:3385] Re: Catching Up on the EMRAT Thread

But....do your kids supply you a keg? That is the question.

On Monday, December 16, 2013 2:53:36 PM UTC-7, Dan Pilcher wrote:

The past weekend was kind of Holiday Season crazy, so I'll catch up on the enjoyable EMRAT thread from the weekend . . .

 

Doc, I now officially have eight (seven Triumphs—two vintage and five modern--and one Kawasaki 650 KLR).

 

I'm planning on riding the Daytona home tomorrow during the lunch hour (Madie, my girlfriend, will be out at lunch) and throwing a tarp over it.  Just like the 2007 Speed Triple has a tarp over it.  And it's been there since early in the year!  And she has never bothered to lift up the tarp and see what's there . . . I'm just sparing her cardiovascular distress.

 

The reviews of the 955 Daytona (2002-2005) put the measured top speed at just under 160 mph.  I like the term "Gentleman's Sport Bike" as applied to the 955 Daytona, which was never intended by Triumph to compete on the track with the lighter, faster Japanese superbikes.

 

I first came across the term "doing the ton" when I read the Web site of the reborn Ace Café in London about the era of the "Rockers who were also known as "ton-up boys".

 

Curtis, I hate to tell you that I did not buy the 955 Daytona just to turn around and sell it to you.  But it warms my heart that you would think I would do that for you!  What a friend!  But I can help you buy one.  Here's one in Colorado Springs that looks clean, but lacks details.  You do not owe me a commission for finding it for you:

 

http://cosprings.craigslist.org/mcy/4156712830.html

 

As for space for my bikes, I'm not in need of a warehouse now as both of my sons, Aaron and Ben, now have garages . . which opens up all sorts of collectible possibilities!

 

Dan

 

Daniel E. Pilcher

Executive Vice President and Chief Operating Officer

Colorado Association of Commerce and Industry

1600 Broadway

Suite 1000

Denver CO 80202-4935

Phone: 303.866.9600

Fax: 303.860.1439

 

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "EMRAT" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to emrat+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
To post to this group, send email to emrat@googlegroups.com.
Visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/emrat.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/groups/opt_out.

0 comments:

Post a Comment