Thursday 28 October 2021

RE: [emrat:13114] Dirt riding gear? What do I need?

I have heard that the Yamaha WR250R is awesome. Friend of mine said he had experience with them and that they were hard to beat.

 

Thanks

 

Sent from Mail for Windows

 

From: Sean Donnelly
Sent: Thursday, October 28, 2021 2:28 PM
To: rmrat@googlegroups.com
Subject: Re: [emrat:13111] Dirt riding gear? What do I need?

 

Performance Cycle should be having their Dirt Gear sale soon shouldn't they?  I seem to recall it always being around Halloween. I can't recall if it is right before or right after.

 

On Thu, Oct 28, 2021, 11:43 AM Martin Richard <martinarmy1961@gmail.com> wrote:

RATS:  I'm recovering nicely from my knee surgery and keep scanning FB Marketplace and CL looking for a nice 250 - 400cc dual sport for my next bike.  If anybody here knows of one for sale, please send me a link or a contact number.  

 

Currently I'm thinking Suzuki DRZ-400 (based on the theory of "wisdom of the crowd"), Yamaha WR250R (thanks Curtis!), Kawasaki KLX400 or 250, or Honda CRF230L (though these seem hard to find.)  Budget would be $3k - $4k.  

 

I'm also wondering what gear I need?  I know most dirt riders use a different style of helmet, and I often see people riding with exterior armor.  If anybody has any extra gear they want to sell I don't mind buying used (except the helmet, that I would buy new, even though my wallet is still smoking from the Shoei Neotec I got a couple weeks ago (pretty sure I spent more on that helmet than I did on the last 3 helmets I bought put together.)  

 

Thanks in advance! 

 

Martin

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "RMRAT" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to rmrat+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/rmrat/CABgUJvJgeHdAvpTDKam9A05LkEG9SA3qse6D55SZEjoXrmTL0w%40mail.gmail.com.

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "RMRAT" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to rmrat+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/rmrat/CAMFB9%3D0vdhCw%2BoSgb90MVrSVzuKAXSSYfmtosfNbpmVQVY5jUg%40mail.gmail.com.

 

0 comments:

Post a Comment