Saturday 16 March 2013

[emrat:2233] Chuck Ferrari Memorial Ride Sunday 3/17

Just wanted to put out a final message regarding tomorrow morning's ride. 
 
Once again we will be meeting at the Sedalia Grille at US 85 (South Santa Fe Drive) and CO 67 in Sedalia.  There's a large parking lot that is visible from the highway, you should see me there by about 9:30.  There are a couple of gas stations nearby for those who need to top off.  Address is 5607 U.S. 85, Sedalia, CO 80135.  Location is approximately 12 miles South of Littleton on US 85. 
 
My phone number is 303-482-7848, and while I can't do email from my phone, it does accept texts, so feel free to text if you are on your way and think you might be late.  I'd like to go kickstands up at 10:00. 
 
Weather forecast is partly cloudy with a high of 55, so it should be a nice day, though of course, rain is always a possibility this time of year. 
 
One minor change from the previous email, while we'll still be running the same general route, I'd like to run it backwards, that is, we'll head towards Castle Rock and Elbert first and end up in Palmer Lake.  I figured we'd do it that way because there are several biker-friendly restaurants in Palmer Lake and it makes for a nice ride back to the Denver area. 
 
Approximate distance will be 75 miles from Sedalia to Palmer Lake and we will go at a leisurely pace, with about 3 stops along the way.  We should be in Palmer Lake by 2:00pm or so, possibly earlier.  Given the short distance, we won't need a fuel stop as long as everyone starts with a full tank. 
 
I'm not going to take a headcount, so if you want to go but think you might be running late, text me before 10:00 so we'll know to wait for you. 
 
As for the charity aspect of it, I think I'd like to make a donation to the Colorado Humane Society.  According to TK, it was one of Chuck's favorite organizations.  We can pass the hat around at lunch and I'd be happy to make the donation in Chuck's name, unless someone else would rather do it. 
 
Looking forward to seeing you tomorrow! 
 

0 comments:

Post a Comment