Thursday 17 March 2016

[emrat:8456] Chuck Ferrari Ride POSTPONED

Okay, everybody, after looking at the weather forecasts I think we're going to have to postpone the Chuck Ferrari Ride.  Current forecasts call for 3" or more of snow in the Denver area (some forecasts say 3 - 6") for Friday, followed by plunging temperatures down into the teens.  The planned ride was to head for Canon City and my concerns are (a) possibility of snow/ice/excessive sand on the route down to Canon City and (b) extremely low temperatures (Saturday night's low temp is forecasted to be 15 degrees f.) 

Given that most of us would probably be leaving our homes around 7:30-ish to meet at Conoco and be ready to roll by 9am it looks like temps that early are going to still be in the low teens. 

So rather than run a much shorter ride, I'd like to postpone this Sunday's ride.   Now for the rescheduled ride I've got a couple of ideas:  The first is to postpone it just 6 days to 3/26, a week from this coming Saturday.  The other possibility is to push it back to the weekend of April 9-10 (unfortunately I won't be available April 2 - 3 as I have conflicting plans.)  Saturday the 9th would be my preference but I'm open to suggestions either way.

The Weather Channel is forecasting another storm that will hit about this same time next week so I think the April date is likely to work better.    

Does anyone have any input as to the date for the rescheduled ride? 

Martin

0 comments:

Post a Comment