Friday 8 July 2016

[emrat:8757] Anyone up for a long ride Saturday 7/9?

 Fellow RATS:   Sorry I missed the meeting on Tuesday, I had a conflicting obligation. 

I know most of the chatter has been about TintR next weekend but I'm wondering if anyone is up for an all-day ride tomorrow, 7/9?  Liz is out of town so I have an all-day pass to ride and I plan on making the most of it. 

Tentative plan would be to go up I-70 to Copper Mountain, then take CO 9 over Fremont Pass to Leadville, then take Independence Pass though Aspen to Carbondale, where we'd stop for lunch at the diner there (about 4 hours in.)  From Carbondale, if anyone wanted to just head back to Denver you could go up to Glenwood and then hit the interstate Eastwards.  I plan on going over McClure pass down through Hotchkiss and all the way behind Black Canyon and through Gunnison.  From there either over Monarch into Salida and then Buena Vista and then back up 285. 

Depending on time and weather I might come home via 285 or via US 24 through Woodland Park, CO 126 up to Deckers and then along the Platte and up over Nighthawk Hill to get to Sedalia. 

Distance will be roughly 550 miles and riding time will probably be close to 11 hours, not counting stops.     

If anyone's interested in going on all or part of it, let me know, we can meet at the Conoco at Morrison Road and C-470.  I'd like to be "kickstands up" no later than 8:00 and as long as we don't take too long at our stops we should be back in Denver around sunset. 

Martin

0 comments:

Post a Comment