Thursday 15 September 2016

Re: [emrat:9011] St Francis motorcycle museum

We rode out there May 28th for the Grand Opening.  It was a good time, they had some food vendors, music, etc.

Nice collection of bike and we purchased one of those bricks for the enterance to support it and of course some obligatory t-shirts.

It is a bit if a straight and dull ride out and back, but the museum is worthy of a visit.

I need to get back out there and see what they have maybe added to their collection and see what they have done with the bricks :)

- Sean

-- 
Anthony Sean Donnelly
Sent with Airmail

On September 15, 2016 at 8:18:08 AM, limeycardwell (limeycardwell@gmail.com) wrote:

Looking on google maps yesterday morning wondering where to go for a ride on my day off and Ive never ridden east before so while looking whats just over the border, I zoomed into St Francis and low and behold they have a Motorcycle Museum, sorted! Unfortunately as you all may know, US-36 East is long, straight and kinda boring but this little gem makes it well worth it....

The museum just opened this April/May and theres plenty of pics on their website showing construction as it was purpose built with a huge vault in the middle.

I got a late start, setting off from Denver at 10:45am but there wasn't any traffic so made really good time. Didn't realize the time change until I was back at home looking at my pics. Theres a bunch of old Harleys and Indians but then plenty of brands I'd never heard of and many pre war, oldest being a 1902 Orient. Theres a $7 suggested donation. They have a 76 Bonnie and a Norton Commando.

On the way back, I blew past a cop coming the other way but he was in-between cars so all I heard was a chirp on his siren and his lights lit up briefly. I rolled off the throttle and thought he was coming up behind me, would of been my first ever bike ticket, but it was just some locals who I let over take me. Once I was sure, I was back on the throttle enjoying extra power of the T120. Sadly it was windy the whole way there and back, blowing north so I felt like a monkey hanging off the bike the whole way.


--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "EMRAT" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to emrat+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
To post to this group, send email to emrat@googlegroups.com.
Visit this group at https://groups.google.com/group/emrat.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.


A3.jpg

A2.jpg

A1.jpg

0 comments:

Post a Comment