Wednesday 4 April 2018

[emrat:10500] Martin's 995 Question

Here’s a beauty that Brian Weberg found for me.  No, I have not bought it.  Yet.

 

https://www.motorado.com/inventory/details/used/TRIUMPH/Sprint-RS/2004/Lakewood/Colorado/4301226

 

My 2001 Speed Triple, which I bought new, is at 40,000 miles.  Only problem was the infamous plastic-metal quick-disconnect fuel doohickey, which was replaced at no charge by Erico’s after it broke and dumped a tankful of fuel on the innards.  The other notable problem was the replacement of a fuel-control module, or something like that, as I can’t exactly remember the name of the device.  It does not use any oil and runs like a champ.  All you need is Red Bull and Ibuprofen and you can ride a Speed Triple cross-country.

 

My 2001 Sprint RS (bought from Curtis Graves) is at 18,000, no problems.  My 2003 Daytona is at 6,000 miles, also no problems.

 

I never found the heat on a 955 to be that bothersome, especially when compared  to the two big, four-cylinder, 1200 bikes that I have, the Daytona and the Trophy.  These big engines generate a lot of heat in the summer.

 

If there is vibration with a 955, then I’m just unaware of it.

 

I have my bikes serviced as the normal  6,000/12,000 mile intervals.

 

The 955 engine has plenty of power and grunt to get you into trouble if you don’t keep sharply slapping your right wrist.

 

Dan

 

 

0 comments:

Post a Comment