Wednesday 23 April 2014

[emrat:4501] Re: Non-Motorized 2 wheeled questions

Yes, you would need a Headset tool. I suggest you go to a bike shop for that install instead of buying your own tool. Park Tool does have them you can buy. If you can, buy a Chris King sealed bearing headset. If not CaneCreek is good too. I used to race Mt Bikes on the National Circuit for Team Volvo/Cannondale. It's what brought me to Colorado. Make sure you get the right Headset size. 1" or 1/8 is the most common sizes. They also used to make 1/14, but that is hard to find a headset for these days. If you bought the fork you already probably know the size. 

Cheers
Doc

On Wednesday, April 23, 2014 2:34:16 PM UTC-6, MJBaca900 wrote:
Hello!  I know we have some cyclists in the group.  I have been wanted to ride my mountain bike but late last year, I found the fork was shot.  I ordered a new fork and pulled the old one off.  Now I'm pretty sure it needs a new headset as well.  Never done that before and it seems like it might require some special tools.  Anyone have any experience with that? 

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "EMRAT" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to emrat+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
To post to this group, send email to emrat@googlegroups.com.
Visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/emrat.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

0 comments:

Post a Comment