Wednesday 23 April 2014

Re: [emrat:4502] Non-Motorized 2 wheeled questions

I've worked on bikes through the years. Have re-lubed and set up forks and adjusted bearings but can't recall if I ever actually replaced a headset. And they've been through many re-designs and updates the past 25 years, I'm not sure what you'll get into. And it will depend on just what era and design you have. Best quick option would be to identify the type of headset first, and then google it for a youtube how-to video. I just hope your new fork and steering tube arrangement are compatible (diameters, stem length, headset arrangement, etc.)

 

You can thank me now for all my expertise and insider knowledge. ;-0

-Warf


From: "'Manuel Baca <mjbaca900@yahoo.com>' via EMRAT" <emrat@googlegroups.com>
To: "emrat" <emrat@googlegroups.com>
Sent: Wednesday, April 23, 2014 2:34:16 PM
Subject: [emrat:4499] Non-Motorized 2 wheeled questions

Hello!  I know we have some cyclists in the group.  I have been wanted to ride my mountain bike but late last year, I found the fork was shot.  I ordered a new fork and pulled the old one off.  Now I'm pretty sure it needs a new headset as well.  Never done that before and it seems like it might require some special tools.  Anyone have any experience with that? 

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "EMRAT" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to emrat+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
To post to this group, send email to emrat@googlegroups.com.
Visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/emrat.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

0 comments:

Post a Comment