Friday 24 July 2015

Re: [emrat:7438] Crazy Question - a bigger bike:)??

I know for touring he makes use of one of those Wolfman Beta bags and found it held plenty for a 2 week trip to Glacier, including camping gear, since he did some tent camping.

I know he has also upgraded the suspension and a few other odds and ends, that I am sure he could tell you about.  But he has done a couple of similar trips on his.

There was also a gal on TriumphRatNet who took hers solo across the country.  I can try to find her trip report again.  You could probably chat with her and see what she did to make those miles more comfortable.

Long distance touring can absolutely be done on a Bonneville, but should you ultimately decide on a big Adventure bike with shaft drive and cruise control…


- Sean




On Jul 24, 2015, at 12:25 PM, Ross Borgida <rborgida@gmail.com> wrote:

Thank you Sean. I sent an email to Bob.

On Friday, July 24, 2015, Sean Donnelly <seandonnelly1@msn.com> wrote:
> Chat with Bob Tapper for one, he has taken a few multi-week tours on his Bonnie and seems to have it pretty well dialed in
> Sent from my iPhone
> On Jul 24, 2015, at 12:09 PM, Ross Borgida <rborgida@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Thanks for everyone's responses. Another option. If I keep the Bonneville, what can I do to the bike to make it more comfortable for touring? At this point and for the next couple of years, I will be sticking with the Bonnie until I can afford a second bike for touring.
>
> Thanks,
> Ross


0 comments:

Post a Comment