Thursday 2 January 2020

Re: [emrat:11808] Worry about damage to shifter?

My brother did the same thing with his Honda Shadow last summer (he did try to put the kickstand down, it just did not lock and folded up and over went the bike) except his shit mech is now bent so the foot location is a little problematic but he's not had any problem with the tranny itself.  I concur with Steve (shit, can't believe I said that), you should be fine.

On Thu, Jan 2, 2020 at 12:03 PM Martin Richard <martinarmy1961@gmail.com> wrote:
OK, so a couple weekends back I did a dumb thing.  I wanted to take a little ride on a nice day.  I was planning on taking the BMW (no that wasn't the dumb thing) but the Bonnie was in the way.  So I rolled the Bonnie out of the garage but I must have instinctively flicked the sidestand up without thinking about it because when I went to rest it on the sidestand (which was up) it dropped to the ground.  Nothing injured except my pride and a left turn signal cover, but there was a gouge in the case where it looks like the shifter cut into the case a bit.  From what I can tell it still shifts OK (shift lever itself was not bent) but I'm worried about the shaft that the shift lever is attached to (don't know the exact nomenclature.  Shift rod?)  I'm concerned it might have bent. 

Is it likely that as long as the bike starts up and shifts OK then there is nothing to be worried about?  I just don't want to be on a ride somewhere and have my transmission grenade on me. 


--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "EMRAT" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to emrat+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/emrat/CABgUJvJc0SMvhtNOn02%2BM7AjcB2YVVNxat%3DDkDiTNFLHNf7Wpw%40mail.gmail.com.

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "EMRAT" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to emrat+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/emrat/CAF3_198mGpg4thbMo9Bu%2BNfvMPrnzP0ZxrgQy5Qn1wMm1xd2eA%40mail.gmail.com.

0 comments:

Post a Comment