Thursday 21 April 2022

Re: [emrat:13394] Advice on selling the Speedmaster

I've owned and sold three Speedmasters over the years. They always sold pretty fast. I try to price them as competitively as possible based on what buyers will see if they scope out the used market. Looks like your's is priced appropriately (low $4Ks) given the miles. I'm not sure buyers care much about the accessories on these, except maybe upgraded (read louder) pipes. Hard to say if you should take the offer since that's a personal thing. You might consider relisting it at $3950 and call it a firm price, if you have the time and if the extra $200 makes a difference. Spring is in the air and buyers are sprouting. Also, I think I saw your bike on cycletrader and it shows the mileage as 32K rather than 22K.  Might want to correct that if it's yours.

Brian W.

PS. I recently was able to ride a "newer" Speedmaster and it's very cool and very different (all in good ways) from the ones I had.

On Wed, Apr 20, 2022 at 9:33 PM Chris Peltz <peltz.chris@gmail.com> wrote:
I listed my 2012 Speedmaster (22K miles) for $4500, but was willing to take $4000. See marketplace post - https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/1191858581555794/

Someone local test rode the bike today and has offered me $3750 cash. A number of you know my bike so wanted to get your advice. Should I let it go for that price or stay firm at at no less than $4000? 

In the end, I will be replacing it with a newer Speedmaster (either the 2018 that I will test drive tomorrow or a new 2022) , but it is isn't super urgent I sell it right away. But I would like to sell in the next month or so. 

What do you guys think? 

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "RMRAT" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to rmrat+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/rmrat/CAK5EdF99x1xGHJO-aa_tRTJoo2SnMo5Zg8ob6pbvBVWhK%2B86hQ%40mail.gmail.com.

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "RMRAT" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to rmrat+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/rmrat/CAP9EkxU4ZWmq3JHJrujXXp_%2B734f56psc%2BC8pEJQVR3ji%2BcePQ%40mail.gmail.com.

0 comments:

Post a Comment