Saturday 30 April 2022

Re: [emrat:13421] Installing a TomTom Battery Cable

Chris,

Eastern Beaver sell a one circuit solution which should give what you're looking for. See photo and link.


Bob Wendl

------ Original Message ------
From: "Chris Peltz" <peltz.chris@gmail.com>
Sent: 4/30/2022 12:06:30 PM
Subject: [emrat:13420] Installing a TomTom Battery Cable

Looking to install a TomTom Battery Cable on my new Speedmaster. Simple black / red wiring, but I don't want to connect it direct to battery. I know there are a multitude of ways of wiring this up, some better than others (eg some recommend wiring it to the horn or low beam). Not sure how many other accessories I might need to install, other than maybe a Powerlet socket, so I don't think I need something that fancy like some of the units that Eastern Beaver sells. 

What do you all recommend as the best (and hopefully simple) way to get this installed without voiding my warranty? What parts of any would I need.Any and and all instructions would be helpful. 

I do have a neighbor who works on bikes so he may be able to help. If not, I also wanted to see if anyone would be open to help with the install? I can bike down / up wherever you may be. I do have some other parts I still need to install - like new handlebars - but those aren't in yet. Hoping not to have to pay someone to do these basic mods (which I have no experience with).

Thanks in advance. And for those on the Ride tomorrow, so I am not able to join. I have a previous engagement with my family. But I do hope to introduce my new bike soon.


--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "RMRAT" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to rmrat+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/rmrat/CAK5EdF-1uJknvO1rOuJbF0kPXGZJpoFoN8gqpKOXga4BwY%3DwwQ%40mail.gmail.com.

0 comments:

Post a Comment