Sunday 28 July 2013

Re: [emrat:2627] My Triumph Love Affair . . .

Dan; nice pudding basin! You could sell that bubble shield on E-bay for thousands!  EVERYBODY (including harley guys) who came of age during the early '60's secretly wants to own a Triumph, thanks to Steve McQueen (the coolest guy who ever lived) and "The Great Escape".

 

The nuevo MG V7 does have character, but the motor has no poop!  Unlike the original early '70's V7, which was a genuine Super Bike and begat the LeMans I, the new bike is more like the modern Honda 750 V-twins (35 bhp? shame on you!)  Wayne E.


From: "Dan Pilcher" <dpilcher@cochamber.com>
To: emrat@googlegroups.com
Cc: "Aaron Pilcher (aapilcher@gmail.com)" <aapilcher@gmail.com>, "Ben Pilcher (benepilcher@gmail.com)" <benepilcher@gmail.com>, "Vince Lane (vmlane@taxlit.com)" <vmlane@taxlit.com>, "Dennis Holm (dendelene@gmail.com)" <dendelene@gmail.com>
Sent: Friday, July 26, 2013 8:38:39 AM
Subject: [emrat:2610] My Triumph Love Affair . . .

Mr. Curtis Graves suggested I consider buying some other brand of bike, like the Motor Guzzi V7, given that I now own six Triumphs.

 

Attached is a photo that shows why I'm so devoted to Triumphs: rural England, September 1971.

 

Yes, that's me, long hair, John Lennon glasses,  an iconic Belstaff waxed-cotton riding outfit, British army boots--and my brand-new 1971 TR6R Tiger . . . . which I still have.

 

Three months, and 6,000 miles later, when I returned to London, I think my genetic structure had been modified to include tiny Triumph logos.

 

J

 

Dan

 

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "EMRAT" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to emrat+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
To post to this group, send email to emrat@googlegroups.com.
Visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/emrat.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/groups/opt_out.
 
 

0 comments:

Post a Comment