Friday 19 December 2014

Re: [emrat:6048] Baja

I'm still in Mexico after being kidnapped and I am currently being held for ransom no thanks to my fellow EM/RATS...hahaha I didn't ride the Baja, my trip to Mexico was interior Mexico so different rules and regulations apply there. Riding the Baja is pretty easy peasy from what I have heard and read from other riders. You don't have to deal with getting a TVIP for one as the Baja's rules and regulations are a lot less restrictive. Of course you would need a passport and I highly recommend you get motorcycle insurance although it's not a requirement. I used MexAdventures and you can purchase insurance online.
 
The only reason you will need a TVIP is if you are traveling outside of the Free Zone. I would highly recommend you read the Mexico thread on ADV as it has a wealth of information and much more knowledgeable riders than me. Questions can be asked and residents of Mexico and other riders who have recently been there or are currently in country can give you up to the minute information. From what I have read recently, Mexico has changed some of their regulations, especially if you are traveling out of the Free Zone. The thread on ADV is under Trip Planning...Americas...Is Mexico Safe. Read through that thread.  That is where I got my intel and fielded my questions for my trip to Mexico last year. Tom Matthews, whose screen name is Turkeycreek on ADV, is an American from Conifer. You will see his posts in that Mexico thread as he is very active on ADV. Tom and Lynn live in Banamichi, Sonora and own small hotel there. Tom can assist you with information regarding up to date regulations. Drop him an email and tell Tom I recommended that you touch base with him.
 
The Baja is more of a Gringo Haven than traveling interior like I did. But just the same, be aware of your surroundings and don't carry on like a Gringa/Gringo Estupido!!! From my experience, Mexico is as safe as anywhere else I have traveled...don't be influenced by the media. I hope this helps getting you started and I'm curious when you are going. I might be heading back to Mexico in February but I will be riding in the states of Chihuahua, Sonora, and Sinaloa which are no where near the Baja.
 
If you would like to chat more Deb drop me an email...Triumph68T120R@aol.com
 
Bob Tapper
 
In a message dated 12/19/2014 12:42:27 P.M. Mountain Standard Time, dsauer608@gmail.com writes:
Hey gang,

Have any of you ever traveled into Mexico?  We've been invited to go with some friends to ride to Baja.  Any advice on places to stay, places to see, etc?  Any "interesting" rules about crossing the border?  Any advice would be greatly appreciated. 

Thanks and have a BLESSED Christmas!

Deb

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "EMRAT" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to emrat+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
To post to this group, send email to emrat@googlegroups.com.
Visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/emrat.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

0 comments:

Post a Comment