Wednesday 10 December 2014

Re: [emrat:6015] Roadtrip. GPS/Intercom questions

How about a Map,,,,      ?????

Sent from my Sprint phone.

----- Reply message -----
From: "Norm Wright" <lowrtax@gmail.com>
To: <emrat@googlegroups.com>
Subject: [emrat:5989] Roadtrip. GPS/Intercom questions
Date: Wed, Dec 10, 2014 7:11 AM

Jay and I bought Sena SMH10's 2 years ago before our west coast trip and you save money when you buy the 2 unit package.  I bought mine off the net.  They don't stretch a mile but they are very effective and tie into your cell by Bluetooth if you really get separated.  It allows music input too from your phone or MP3 player.

 

I have a four year old Garmin Nuvi which is road accurate.  They are lower cost than the units devoted to MC use but it works fine for me.  I carry a sandwich bag in case of rain.  My model does not have blue tooth but it does not really bother me because the visual is fine and if I'm in a town and need the voice, if you are ridng at 45 or less and open your visor I can hear the voice.  I'm sure others will have thoughts on GPS but with my smartphone, the quality of the GPS unit is less important to me than the communicator.

 

Have a great trip.  More on Utah parks and routes later.  Zion is awesome.  Norm

 

From: emrat@googlegroups.com [mailto:emrat@googlegroups.com] On Behalf Of limeycardwell
Sent: Tuesday, December 09, 2014 10:30 PM
To: emrat@googlegroups.com
Subject: [emrat:5989] Roadtrip. GPS/Intercom questions

 

So my British biker buddy is flying over next April 28th and we have 8 full days to go on a road trip. He rides a Vulcan 1700 back home but it seems he is limited to renting an Indian or HD if we can't find him a bike to buy before then but that will be another subject in a month or two. Our road trip will be taking I-70 West to Fruita or Moab, check out Arches & Canyonlands the next day, down to Zion or which ever is the better park. Ive never been to Vegas so a couple of days there, Hoover Dam, Grand Canyon, back into Colorado and maybe Ouray or similar on the way home.I will start a thread for the at a later date also :0)

 

For this post tho, I am interested in portable GPS units (i had a Garmin Nuvi years ago until somebody nicked it out my car) and the bike to bike intercom systems. Its seems theres a huge price difference for these gps units, like $200 to $800 and while I would prefer the cheaper one, I was wondering what features are really needed for using on a motorbike? Same goes for the intercoms, obviously I don't want to cheap out here coz I am reading that the better ones like the Sena 20S have up to a mile and a half range which I had no idea was even possible, plus they can integrate with your phone and gps etc. So I've got loads of reading up to do but if any of you guys have any suggestions/recommendations then I would love to hear them?

Cheers,

Limey.

 

 

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "EMRAT" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to emrat+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
To post to this group, send email to emrat@googlegroups.com.
Visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/emrat.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

0 comments:

Post a Comment