Wednesday 4 February 2015

Re: [emrat:6395] Re: Truth be Told: Triumph Rain Suit

I know that rain suit will do the job Tavis. It has kept me dry and warm in the times that I needed it as I told you last night.

Maybe you could give Dan a lesson how to put it on properly as you had no problem last night as observed by Manny and myself.

Thanks Tavis and I'm glad the rain suit went to‎ a fellow EM/RAT.

Bob

From: Tavis Aitken
Sent: Wednesday, February 4, 2015 8:34 AM
To: emrat@googlegroups.com
Reply To: emrat@googlegroups.com
Cc: dpilcher@cochamber.com
Subject: [emrat:6395] Re: Truth be Told: Triumph Rain Suit

So I did manage to try on the suit. It seems tow work quite well, and I like how all the zippers zip down so that if they pull they close things up. 
I think it will work great to keep me warm and dry provided I can have a bit of forsight and put it on before it really starts chucking down frogs at me.

Thanks Bob! 

Perhaps we need a place to try and sell stuff now, a rain suit, a kilt who knows what's next? 
       - Tavis

On Tuesday, 3 February 2015 15:07:15 UTC-7, Dan Pilcher wrote:

I also have one, which I bought back in 2003.  I recall wearing it once in a frog-strangler of a rain storm, and it was great.

 

But I also found that I just tended to put off stopping and putting it on, based on the wishful assumption that I would only be sprinkled on as I eyed a rain storm in the distance.

 

Then, of course, I would run into the rain and get soaked, and then struggle trying to get the rain suit on (because, unlike Sean but like Brian, I would not practice putting the rain suit on).  Kind of like my new tent experience up at Sturgis 2013 . . . .

 

The zipper on the rain suit blew out when I rode to Taos with TK.  I've had the zipper replaced by Phyllis at Stitchline on South Broadway.  I will probably give it to my sons, Ben and Aaron, so one of them will at least have some rain protection.

 

But it had never occurred to me that I might be able to sell it to a fellow EMRAT member . . . . let's see how it goes tonight!  Perhaps I'll change my mind.

 

Dan

 

From: em...@googlegroups.com [mailto:em...@googlegroups.com] On Behalf Of Brian Weberg
Sent: Tuesday, February 03, 2015 1:55 PM
To: em...@googlegroups.com
Subject: Re: [emrat:6384] Triumph Rain Suit

 

I have one of those suits and while it's a little tough to figure out the first time, it's a great product and keeps you dry.  Unfortunately, I also had a "Dan moment" with mine on a routine ride to Palmer Lake.  Hit a surprise downpour coming back on 105 and took a few rain drops to the body as I unraveled the puzzle.  I'm sure the passers by were amused. But once it was on me, it was 100% dry comfort all the way home.  Which is all to say that if you practice just a little with it (something I'm not inclined to do, unfortunately) then you're good to go.  First rate product, IMHO. 

 

Alas, as I'm inclined to do (my mixed results over the years not withstanding), I followed Dan's path to KLIM and that's a nice option, if not a tad expensive. 

 

On Tue, Feb 3, 2015 at 1:43 PM, Dan Pilcher <dpil...@cochamber.com> wrote:

Tavis, I respectfully suggest that you first have Bonneville Bob put it on in front of the group--and we will time how long it takes.

 

Then, pretend that there is a torrential downpour coming your way, and you will have, say, 30 seconds to put this rain suit on.

 

(You should hold on to your money until Bonneville Bob has demonstrated this rain suit, and you are 100 percent satisfied with the product.)

 

TK will remember the time I tried to put on my Triumph rain suit north of Taos a few years ago and what happened . . . . . which is why I now wear a Klim outfit!

 

J

 

Dan

 

From: em...@googlegroups.com [mailto:em...@googlegroups.com] On Behalf Of Tavis Aitken
Sent: Tuesday, February 03, 2015 1:34 PM
To: em...@googlegroups.com
Subject: Re: [emrat:6381] Fw: Ticket Package to Colorado Motorcycle Expo

 

Confirmed, just picked up the cash. 

On Tue Feb 03 2015 at 12:53:34 PM Triumph68T120R via EMRAT <em...@googlegroups.com> wrote:

 

Hey Tavis, I'm assuming you will be at the meeting tonight and still want the rain suit. If you would, please confirm...thanks.

 

Bob

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "EMRAT" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to emrat+un...@googlegroups.com.
To post to this group, send email to em...@googlegroups.com.
Visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/emrat.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

 

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "EMRAT" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to emrat+un...@googlegroups.com.
To post to this group, send email to em...@googlegroups.com.
Visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/emrat.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "EMRAT" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to emrat+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
To post to this group, send email to emrat@googlegroups.com.
Visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/emrat.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

0 comments:

Post a Comment