Monday 23 March 2015

[emrat:6639] Re: Rear Suspension Modification - Bonneville

Hi Ross,

Yes, you can do rear suspension and worry about front later. If you are willing to spend a little more you can get basic adjustable suspension from Olins shocks. I would talk to Jonny at Erico for some recommendations. He may have them in stock too. Their was a pair of Olins for about $900.00 that were not fully adjustable that I passed on for the fully adjustable ones, but they would adjust plenty for you for road and track. Fully adjustable will run you just under $1,500.00 for Olins. There are other brands too like Race Tech & Hagon for example that may run you less. But Olins are the shite!

Doc

On Saturday, March 21, 2015 at 9:29:25 PM UTC-6, Ross Borgida wrote:
Hi Gang!

Last Sunday was my first ride with EMRAT to Pueblo.  I enjoyed my first ride and am looking forward to many more.

I am looking to upgrade my rear suspension from my stock on my mag wheel Bonneville.  I am noticing the jarring jolts in the rear with all 203 lbs. of me with another 10-15 lbs. in my saddle bags  Plus, I want longer shocks than stock as I am 6'2"..  My knowledge is limited but I have been told there are some that can be custom built for my height and weight.  Also, I plan on doing some long weekend touring and would like to do a track day every once in a while so I would like something specific to my weight with gear and can be adjustable for plushness for touring and stiffness for performance.

What rear shocks do you recommend for upgrading over stock?  My max budget is up to $600-$700.

Based on your experiences, what do you recommend for custom built rear shocks?  Also, is it OK to do rear shocks first and front suspension later on?

Thanks and look forward to seeing you all again soon.

Best,
Ross

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "EMRAT" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to emrat+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
To post to this group, send email to emrat@googlegroups.com.
Visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/emrat.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

0 comments:

Post a Comment