Wednesday 25 March 2015

RE: [emrat:6645] Chuck Ferrari Ride: By the numbers!

Thanks Martin for leading a great ride, I think 73 was a little low for both the temp and certainly the speed. Great museum.

Sent from my Windows Phone

From: 'Martin Albright' via EMRAT
Sent: ‎3/‎25/‎2015 12:58 PM
To: Wayne Everman
Subject: [emrat:6644] Chuck Ferrari Ride:  By the numbers!

Fellow RATs: 

First off, let me apologize for taking so long to get this out.  Liz and I had a camping trip scheduled for the weekend after the Chuck Ferrari Ride and I was not able to get all this info compiled before now. 

Thanks to everyone for coming out to our now 3rd annual Chuck Ferrari Memorial Ride to benefit the Colorado Humane Society.  I think we started with about 25 bikes from Sedalia for a gorgeous day's ride.  I realize the exit number for the restaurant in Pueblo was a little confusing, so I will chalk that one up to "lessons learned" and do a better job planning next time.  Still, I think everybody made it to lunch at the Shamrock Brewery and then over to the Pueblo Weisbrod Air Museum.  I counted 20 people and 20 bikes at the museum, which I think is a record. 

Our ride was 98.1 miles from Sedalia through the Shamrock and to the Museum.  Ron and Norm rode back with me, we took a slight detour and went via US 50 to Penrose and then up CO 115 to Colorado Springs.  Our timing must have been perfect because we joined up with Steve, Bob and Denise for our ride through Colorado Springs and then we jumped off (onto the wrong exit at first) over to CO 83 and up to Parker, our total ride was about 222 miles from Sedalia to Parker. 

Other numbers of interest:  The high temp was about 73 degrees and my top speed was ... uh, my top speed will be omitted on the advice of my attorney pursuant to the 5th amendment right against self incrimination. 

As far as the collection, I have to say that the EMRATs impressed me again and I think the Colorado Humane Society will be impressed as well:  We collected a total of $450 in donations to a VERY worthy cause!

So thanks again to all of you for participating, and for donating to the Humane Society in memory of Chuck.  Even 3 years later I find it hard to believe he's gone - a guy like that has so much life in him that it's hard to imagine it ever getting away from him. 

I'll post this on the Facebook page as well and will drop the donation off at the Humane Society after work on Thursday. 

Take care and ride safe, and have a great 2015!

Martin

0 comments:

Post a Comment