Thursday 7 September 2017

Re: [emrat:10121] Fw: 1050 Tiger

Martin,

I did not have ABS on my 1050.  I can't imagine not having it now as it has saved my ass at least once (when a blind corner led to a herd of deer in the road).  

Otherwise, the only other weakness was the less than adequate headlights.  

TK
Managing Partner of Raising Two Kids LLC

On Sep 7, 2017, at 12:29 PM, 'Martin Albright' via EMRAT <emrat@googlegroups.com> wrote:

Thanks for the input on the Tigers.  Even though they're odd looking I kind of like the 955i but it seems like they're not nearly as common as they used to be.  From what I've heard the 1050 is an amazing machine.  Either way, I may decide to go ahead and put the BMW up for sale after the 2017 riding season is over, whenever that is.  

One question, I have heard that the 800 Tigers had some "teething issues" with regard to the EFI.  Were there any such issues with either the 955i or the 1050?  And what about ABS on the 1050 - yay or nay?  My BMW does have ABS and while I've never had to use it (knock wood!) the folks in the BMW world say that the servo assisted (i.e. power brakes), are very nice but also that if they fail it's a crazy expensive (as in, >$2500) costly fix (imagine getting a $2500 repair bill on a bike you paid $3700 for,)  

----- Forwarded Message -----
From: Dan Pilcher <dpilcher@cochamber.com>
To: Martin Albright <martinjmpr@yahoo.com>
Sent: Thursday, September 7, 2017, 11:29:44 AM MDT
Subject: 1050 Tiger


--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "EMRAT" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to emrat+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
To post to this group, send email to emrat@googlegroups.com.
Visit this group at https://groups.google.com/group/emrat.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.
<FullSizeRender.jpg>

0 comments:

Post a Comment