Thursday 23 April 2015

[emrat:6803] Re: Bonnie Seat Release

I have these for my Thruxton seat. Quick and easy. Also have the similar items for my set cowl & my side panel to get to my rear brake fluid reservoir. Either using my hand or allen wrench if I want it securely tightened for theft. Same allen wrench size that comes with your bike. 

BRITISH CUSTOMS LOW PROFILE SEAT SCREWS

$26.00

On Thursday, April 23, 2015 at 6:34:50 AM UTC-6, Norman Wright wrote:

For those with Bonnies and Thruxtons:

 

You might have noticed the recommendation for the seat release mechanism mentioned on the Rat Forum.  I've ordered one and when I get it and install it I'll let you know my thoughts.  I like to add a D-Ring pad under my seat when touring to attach luggage, tents etc.  The allen bolts are a pain in the ass so this looks like the solution.  It's an aftermarket part from the UK.

 

Iron Butt- May be  product for you to look into making.

 

Why all seats don't have a key release like the street triples (and yes, all BMWs) is beyond me.

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "EMRAT" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to emrat+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
To post to this group, send email to emrat@googlegroups.com.
Visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/emrat.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

0 comments:

Post a Comment