Monday 20 April 2015

Re: [emrat:6785] Re: Erico Track Days

From what I understand, the suit has to be Leather, or mostly leather.  It needs to be one piece or a two piece that zips together and it can't be just the small 6" or so zipper that really only attaches at the back. 

I asked about boots and it sounds like you do need real motorcycle boots.  Not necessarily racing boots, but a good touring boot should work. 

Gloves need to be gauntlet style gloves. 

Helmet should be full face.  No modulars. 

This is just based on a conversation I had, so you will want to double check my information.  Hope this helps. 


From: Ross Borgida <rborgida@gmail.com>
To: emrat@googlegroups.com
Sent: Monday, April 20, 2015 2:08 PM
Subject: Re: [emrat:6784] Re: Erico Track Days

Hi Doc,

I was planning on getting AGV Willow or Joe Rocket Stealth Sport perforated leather pants and will sew in the zipper attachment to my River Road jacket.  Then, I was going to get some sport touring boots.  I am not looking to get into racing but want to improve my skeeeelllzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz..  I am not going to go balls out with a race suit and race boots. 

Would that type of gear be OK for track days?  I am a beginner and do not plan on pushing the limits too far my first couple of times out on the track.

Best,
Ross



On Mon, Apr 20, 2015 at 1:52 PM, Doc <docmurdoch@comcast.net> wrote:
I'm going to watch on the June 1st Track Day, but not riding. I still need to buy full leathers and race boots.  Either one piece or 2 piece zip together is required for High Plains. My budget for bikes went to the piggy back Olin shocks on my Thruxton this year. I hope next season to ride.

It all adds up to a big dime for the outfits and cost to ride High Plains.

Doc

On Sunday, April 19, 2015 at 2:17:58 PM UTC-6, Ross Borgida wrote:
Hi,

Any Bonneville, Scrambler, or Thruxton riders doing an Erico Track Day this year?  What track days are you going to attend?

I am looking to sign up for my first track day on the Bonneville.

Thanks!
Ross
--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "EMRAT" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to emrat+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
To post to this group, send email to emrat@googlegroups.com.
Visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/emrat.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "EMRAT" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to emrat+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
To post to this group, send email to emrat@googlegroups.com.
Visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/emrat.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.


0 comments:

Post a Comment