Monday 17 August 2015

RE: [emrat:7613] Anyone have 865 cam locking pins?

I'm  just impressed you'd do this. Sounds like a future speaker show and tell Manny.



Sent via the Samsung Galaxy S® 6, an AT&T 4G LTE smartphone
-------- Original message --------
From: "Tyler K." <blimpie@gmail.com>
Date: 08/16/2015 2:25 PM (GMT-07:00)
To: emrat <emrat@googlegroups.com>
Subject: [emrat:7601] Anyone have 865 cam locking pins?

Pulled the valve cover to check valve clearances on my bonneville now that I'm at 12k miles, and finding a few valves a thou or so loose. Going to pull the cams to see what size shims I have and see which ones I'll need to obtain to bring things back into spec.

Has anyone fabricated a set of locking pins for the cam sprung gears? Looks pretty simple to make, but I don't have access to a lathe and before I chuck something in my drill and make one or find a suitable bolt/nut combo I figured I'd check here to see if anyone has a set they'd be willing to lend out for a 6 pack of beer or soda.

--
Tyler Kohler

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "EMRAT" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to emrat+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
To post to this group, send email to emrat@googlegroups.com.
Visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/emrat.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

0 comments:

Post a Comment