Friday 25 October 2013

Re: [emrat:3073] This weekend?

I plan on riding Saturday, Sunday will be warmer but I'd like to be home to watch the Bronco's game which is mid-afternoon.  Saturday is still supposed to be pretty nice, although it will be chilly in the mountains - I will definitely have my electric liner with me!
 
For anyone who wants to go, I'll be at the Conoco in Morrison around 8:00.  I'd like to be kickstands-up no later than 8:30.  I'll have my phone with me so if anyone wants to email I should be there to get it. 
 
Projected route will be 285 to Pine Junction, then through Deckers to Woodland Park.  If we want to stop at the Hungry Bear in Morrison for an early lunch or late breakfast, that would be fine with me (by my reckoning, Woodland park is about 2 hours from Morrison, so figure 10:30 to 11:00 in Woodland Park.)  From there I'd like to go through Divide and Cripple Creek and then loop back around to Carr Ave (Teller County road 1) which will take us back to the High Park road, then down through High Park to Highway 9, then South to US 50 near the Royal Gorge, then into Canon City.  If we don't do breakfast/brunch in Woodland Park we can grab a bite in Canon City and then head back via CO 115. 
 
I need to stop at Fort Carson to do some shopping so if we're in a group I'll break away there.  Distance from Morrison to CO springs is a bit under 200 miles so not a terribly long ride.  From CO Springs, riders could either head up I-25 (if they're in a hurry) or take either exit at Monument and take the Palmer lake/105 loop or stay on 83 and take the the CO 83 route through Franktown. 
 
If anyone's planning on going, I'd appreciate it if you'd let me know (you can just reply to this email) so I'll have an idea of how many to expect.  Depending on what happens with the weather in the high country, I'm thinking this may be the last ride through the mountains for this year, at least for me. 
 
Note that the road from Divide to Cripple Creek goes over 10,000' so be prepared for a short stretch of sub-freezing temperatures.  Canon City will be warm, forecasted high will be 63. 
 
Martin
 

From: Martin Albright <martinjmpr@yahoo.com>
To: emrat@googlegroups.com
Sent: Wednesday, October 23, 2013 5:56 PM
Subject: [emrat:3061] This weekend?

Anyone up for a ride this weekend?  Looks to be a good one.

Martin

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "EMRAT" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to emrat+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
To post to this group, send email to emrat@googlegroups.com.
Visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/emrat.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/groups/opt_out.


0 comments:

Post a Comment