Wednesday 24 October 2012

Re: New to CS flying

I will gladly take any site and weather intros. I'm free most everyday, assuming I have a little advanced notice, and sometimes even without it. I have been kiting when I can over here at the baseball fields when the wind is howling. The control is still plenty there. I certainly wouldn't mind a trip to Boulder either though. What kind of flying? All hike in? Something I can make a few runs on in a day?


On Wednesday, October 24, 2012 6:09:18 AM UTC-6, Bill wrote:
Roger,

Welcome to town.  You'll want to get in touch with Scott or Eck for a site introduction at Mt. Herman (Eck has already reached out to you).

Ted and myself routinely fly Section 16 and either one of us would be happy to show you the site.  Ted is most active on weekends but I often fly weekdays.

I'd consider both sites very flyable by an experienced P2 after a thorough site and weather introduction.  If you are a bit rusty, a day spent kiting and a trip to Boulder are well worth the time investment to stay current.  We also have access to a tow winch in the area and will be ramping that operation up as Fall-Spring can be quite flyable out on the Eastern plains.

Welcome to the flock.

-Bill
719-209-0919

On Oct 23, 2012, at 12:04 PM, roger baty wrote:

Hey,

So, my name is Roger Baty. I'm a P-2, trained by Fly Above All in Santa Barbara. Most of my flying occurred in Anchorage and Eagle River Alaska.
I've also flown Tiger Mtn in Seattle. 
It's been a while since my last flight, but I'm ready to get back under the wing.

I'm unemployed at the moment, so hit me up if you want to fly.

Roger

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "ElevationDelegation" group.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msg/elevationdelegation/-/ckFsFNRki78J.
To post to this group, send email to elevation...@googlegroups.com.
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to elevationdelegation+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/elevationdelegation?hl=en.

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "ElevationDelegation" group.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msg/elevationdelegation/-/10BnzLuAcG4J.
To post to this group, send email to elevationdelegation@googlegroups.com.
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to elevationdelegation+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/elevationdelegation?hl=en.

0 comments:

Post a Comment