Sunday 23 March 2014

Re: [emrat:4322] Who uses a modular?

Can't comment about rising helmet prices Wayne, but I didn't see one rider in today's MotoGP wearing a modular helmet. The 3 crashes I saw made me think if a modular helmet would hold up with all those moving parts if your head impacted the pavement. I just couldn't imagine a hinged chin bar staying in place in a face plant. I will stick to wearing my FF Arai RX-Q thank you very much.

Bob

From: weverman@comcast.net
Sent: Sunday, March 23, 2014 6:06 PM
To: emrat@googlegroups.com
Reply To: emrat@googlegroups.com
Subject: Re: [emrat:4321] Who uses a modular?

Has anybody noticed that the escalating price war (in a negative way!)  between Arai and Shoei is driving up the price of Bell, HJC, Nolan, etc.?  C'mon, $800-$900 for a top-of-the-line helmet?!  This has allowed the reasonably priced ($200) helmets like HJC to now charge over $300!

 

I believe in the old saying "if you got a $10 head, get a $10 helmet" however at this stage in my life I'm not sure that I have a $900 head! Wayne E. 


From: "Steve Smith" <shmitty74@gmail.com>
To: emrat@googlegroups.com
Cc: "todd kennedy1110" <todd.kennedy1110@yahoo.com>
Sent: Sunday, March 23, 2014 5:51:03 PM
Subject: Re: [emrat:4321] Who uses a modular?

TK, I know what you mean. I have 2 kids in college right now, and I know what you mean about the cost. If I was not such a nice fellow, I might suggest that you are saving your funds for the day when you take your German machine in for service and can't afford to waste your money on quality personal protection. But I'm not like that...

Big smile :)


On Saturday, March 22, 2014 9:33:23 AM UTC-6, Todd Kennedy wrote:
Hmmm...maybe those without kids and college tuition to pay could drop $650 on a helmet.  That would rule me out of a Neotec...

On Mar 22, 2014, at 9:16 AM, Steve Smith <shmi...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Martin,
> I've owned both a Multitec and Neotec modular from Shoei. They have both fit my particular head shape splendidly. The Neotec has actually performed in it's duty as protection twice and kept the little wits I possess intact. While not the cheapest helmet around the quality of fit finish and protection are what I consider when I buy gear. The Neotec has no superiors in the modular helmet category in my opinion.
> Steve
>
> --
> You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "EMRAT" group.
> To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to emrat+un...@googlegroups.com.
> To post to this group, send email to em...@googlegroups.com.
> Visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/emrat.
> For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "EMRAT" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to emrat+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
To post to this group, send email to emrat@googlegroups.com.
Visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/emrat.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "EMRAT" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to emrat+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
To post to this group, send email to emrat@googlegroups.com.
Visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/emrat.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

0 comments:

Post a Comment