Monday 24 March 2014

Re: [emrat:4331] Re: Who uses a modular?

 I don't think anyone knows for sure. A far as I am told, a pickup hit him either from behind or from the back and side and he went into the lane of the semi. It was stop and go traffic, and it happened really fast. The family is very private so the details are limited.

Thanks for the condolences, this one made me think of all I know that rides, and I just wanted to remind all to stay safe but enjoy riding. I'll never quit riding, unless I am no longer able. If I were to go out on a bike, it would be doing what I enjoyed most, aside from my family time. 


On Monday, March 24, 2014 1:57:23 PM UTC-6, Norman Wright wrote:
Sorry for your loss Doc.
The Post article was a little sketchy, do you have more info on what happened? Did a car change lanes and clip him forcing him into the path of the semi?

Sent from my Windows Phone

From: Doc
Sent: 3/24/2014 1:15 PM
To: em...@googlegroups.com
Cc: Martin Albright
Subject: [emrat:4326] Re: Who uses a modular?

Buried my friend on Friday. He was wearing a full face helmet, not modular. If your number is up, it is up. Just wear a helmet is my response, no matter.. open face, full face or modular. Just keep the noggin covered for the best chance of survival.  

On Thursday, March 20, 2014 8:41:58 PM UTC-6, Martin Albright wrote:
My current helmet (Scorpion EXO-400) is getting on to about 5 years old, and I'm thinking it's time to replace it.  Also thinking seriously of going to a modular for a lot of reasons. 

So who here uses a modular and would you recommend it?  The one I've got my eye on is the Scorpion EXO 900.  This is actually a "convertible" where you can remove the chin bar entirely and wear it as a 3/4 helmet.  I tried one on at Performance and it seemed to fit my head very well (my head seems to like the Scorpions.)  Any pluses/minuses?  Anybody else use this helmet and if so what do you think of it? 

Martin

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "EMRAT" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to emrat+un...@googlegroups.com.
To post to this group, send email to em...@googlegroups.com.
Visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/emrat.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "EMRAT" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to emrat+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
To post to this group, send email to emrat@googlegroups.com.
Visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/emrat.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

0 comments:

Post a Comment