Tuesday 8 January 2013

[emrat:2055] Re: More Pilcher Art for EMRAT

I like these. The Steamboat Rally poster reminds me of the Cheshire Cat :0)

On Tuesday, January 8, 2013 4:32:12 PM UTC-7, Dan Pilcher wrote:

Tonight, I'm bringing some of the large posters, which I had printed up from the art that my sons, Aaron and Ben, created for the 2004 Steamboat Rally t-shirt, to the meeting tonight.

 

I can't put my hands on the art for that poster, but a number of the old-time RAT members have it.  Dave Warfield named it the "High Plains Drifter" poster, and you will see why.  It's an homage to my Speed Triple, and it's pretty striking.  You can just imagine Clint Eastwood on the bike . . .

 

The posters suffered some water damage along the lower part (because I dumbly left them in their cardboard storage box next to a window and it rained) but some judicious trimming at a frame shop should yield a very nice poster for framing.  These are free; they each cost me about $45 to be digitally printed, and they are BIG.

 

Attached is the 2003 poster art, and you can just print those out on a color printer if you have one.  I don't think I have any of the 2003 posters left, but I won't know until I open up the box tonight.

 

Finally, here's a humorous take on the famous Triumph logo by Ben and Aaron, with a bow in the direction of the Tigers models.

 

Dan

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "EMRAT" group.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msg/emrat/-/1GhG-6mfq9AJ.
To post to this group, send email to emrat@googlegroups.com.
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to emrat+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/emrat?hl=en.

0 comments:

Post a Comment